Friday 17 February 2012

"Reading Between the Lines of Reycling"

I've been having a little reminisce and looking at pictures of my exhibition for my final major project for my Textiles qualification which was titled 'Reading Between the Lines of Recycling". It was all based around recycling books and I came up with this dress design made from book pages and scraps of vintage fabric.

What made me think was how I still try to use book pages in my designs now. I think maybe it's a sub-concious thing. Going back to my roots. Something like that.
But it did make me want to use MORE of it in my designs. I produced some bird ornaments for the display which were decorated with book pages. I've been thinking of some ideas to re-create these, with a more modern, Tatty Betty twist.

I've done some research and I'm going to get experimenting next week .. watch out for Tatty Betty birds ...

No comments:

Post a Comment