Wednesday, 28 March 2012

FINISHED. 'Candy Circus Horse'

So I’ve been working on upcycling my mum’s old rocking horse this week and I’ve finally finished the last coat of varnish!
I really wanted it to be something of a candy filled circus theme. Pastel colours, stripes, spots, to make it look like it wouldn’t be out of place in a vintage circus.

I really enjoyed working on it and it’s definitely sparked off a want to do more upcycling. I’ve got to say that this lovely unexpected sun has definitely helped spur me on to get going with it. I loved shabbying the paint work that I spent two days on. Something really quite satisfying about sanding off all of that hard work! As soon as I upholstered the seat I could really see it all coming together. I’m really happy with the outcome. I hope you love it too.

Sometimes it’s hard to stick to your original plans on a project like this but I’m glad that I haven’t gone off track and can honestly say that I am proud of this Tatty Betty piece.
I’m going to start off by putting it up for sale on Folksy. If it doesn’t sell then I’ll be taking it to my next Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment